4. Sample Page
Questionnaire for Gathering Business Requirements for
Backup & Recovery and
Archiving, Restore & Purging
Business Requirements addressing
| Business Continuity|| Online Data|
||Compliance to legal or other regulatory requirements
Other requirements to access historic data
||There exist laws limiting the maximal allowed retention period!|
Steps for Business Department
- Classification of data (should already exist).
- Legal and other regulatory requirements
- Impact Analysis regarding "loss of data"
- Cost / Benefit Analysis to define appropriate backup level
- Definition of required retention periods for each type of date
Out of Scope
Technical requirements and technical specifications to be provided by IS/IT, e.g.
Steps for IS / IT Department
- Grouping of database tables and other data files according data types
- In case of software purchase: formulating the requirements for backup/recovery and archiving for the
- Identification of appropriate backup strategy and archiving strategy
- Costing for those measures (initial costs and ongoing costs included repeated restore and recovery
Continue to 4. Sample Page